At Townville Infants' school we are always looking at ways in which we can improve our work with parents and carers and also establish stronger links within our community. We have now been awarded an exciting national award called Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA).
We hope that by improving links with parents/ carers and the local community, we can nurture a welcoming and warm environment for everyone coming to visit our school.
We are very excited about gaining this award and the opportunities that it will open up to our Townville community.
So far we have....
- Improved our communication system with the introduction of Marvellous Me.
- Set up a whole school Twitter account, which has proven to be really effective in celebrating children's work and sending important messages to parents/ carers.
- Set up a new online Learning Journal system in Nursery and Reception. This allows parents/ carers to upload observations of children at home.
- Introduced a new half termly homework system in KS1, which is proving very popular with children and parents.
- Set up a new Friends of Townville group. We have regular meetings to decide our next fund raising ideas. So far this academic year, we have successfully ran two movie nights and an Easter egg hunt for the children. Our next venture will be our Summer Fayre.
- Held regular Open Classroom afternoons to give parents/ carers an opportunity to see what their children are doing in school.
- Held parent workshops in Reading and Maths to show parents how these subjects are taught in school.
- The Skills Network now offers many free training courses to parents/ carers. For more information, follow the link on our website.
If you would like any more information about what we have done, or if you have any ideas on how we can further improve, please do not hesitate to come and speak to Mrs Burden (Headteacher)